Pre-Conference Short Course & Workshops
Call for Short Course Expressions of Interest
The Local Organising Committee for the Australasian Coasts and Ports 2021 Conference, are pleased to announce a call for ‘Expressions of Interest’ from organisations or groups, to deliver Pre-Conference Short Courses.
Short Courses will be held at Te Pae, from 9.00am – 5.00pm on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November 2021. Course fees charged to participating delegates will need to cover the cost of room hire, audiovisual, catering and any other associated costs. Promotion of Conference Short Courses will be undertaken via the Conference website and regular Conference marketing announcements. Delegate bookings and payments for Short Courses will take place via the Conference online registration portal.
If you would like to submit a Short Course expression of interested for consideration, please submit your proposal, of no more than 2 pages, with the following details:
- Title of Short Course
- Name, position titles, affiliations and brief career details of presenters
- Contact details of lead course presenter including email address
- Short overview of course: main topics, learning objectives and resources to be provided to the attendees
- Expected target audience and required background for those anticipated to attend the course
- Brief paragraph on why the course would be appealing to attendees of the Australasian Coasts and Ports 2021 Conference
- Has this short course (or similar) already been offered at a related conference?
Please note that Short Courses are subject to minimum numbers, and will be cancelled if less than the minimum number of participants have registered at the specified deadline. The number of Short Courses to be offered will be restricted, and evaluations of the course proposals will be based on the nature and quality of the proposal, as well as the timeliness and relevance of the short course topic, content and presenters.
Please submit Short Course expressions of interest to: email@example.com. This initial call for expressions of interest closes on 30 October 2020.
|Call for Abstracts Open||
9 September 2020
|Call for Abstracts Close||
26 February 2021
1 March 2021
|Accepted Abstracts Notified||
12 April 2021
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||
11 June 2021
|Early Bird Registration Close||
9 August 2021
|Final Paper Submission Deadline||
20 August 2021
|Extended Abstract Submission Deadline||
20 August 2021
|Speaker Registration Deadline||
23 August 2021